Apache cordova android build failing because of Gradle

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I am building both IOS and Android as part of my build process. It was working last week suddenly build is failing.

To debug

I set CORDOVA_PLATFORM variable value as IOS and it’s working fine.
I set CORDOVA_PLATFORM variable value as android and it’s failing with following error.

Task :app:processReleaseManifest FAILED

See http://g.co/androidstudio/manifest-merger for more information about the manifest merger.

24 actionable tasks: 24 executed

/Users/vagrant/git/platforms/android/app/src/main/AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-91 Error:

Attribute application@appComponentFactory value=(android.support.v4.app.CoreComponentFactory) from [com.android.support:support-compat:28.0.0] AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-91

is also present at [androidx.core:core:1.4.0-alpha01] AndroidManifest.xml:24:18-86 value=(androidx.core.app.CoreComponentFactory).

Suggestion: add ‘tools:replace=“android:appComponentFactory”’ to element at AndroidManifest.xml:5:5-24:19 to override.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

If on Bitrise.io: which stack? If not on Bitrise.io: on what operating system? (Plus any other information you can share)

It’s happening on Bitrise.io and my Stack is: Xcode 11.0.x, on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

E.g.: Cordova Archive v1.10.0

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Since Yestearday

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (“Testing with a full clean git clone”) to make sure to test the state of the code what bitrise.io will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried.

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

Can it be reproduced by running the build locally, after doing a new git clone of the repository into the /tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( https://www.bitrise.io/cli )? If no, can it be reproduced with Docker (using the same docker images / environment we use on bitrise.io)? Related guide: http://devcenter.bitrise.io/docker/run-your-build-locally-in-docker/ .

Build log

0 Likes

Hi @NivyaPallempati,

I see you have green builds again. Do you still require assistance with this?

0 Likes

Yes I need it. Currently you are able to see green builds because I have removed all the plugins and checking which plugin causing an issue.

My issue is not yet resolved.

0 Likes