Allow xcpretty to be disabled in scan

Description of the feature request

Add parameter disable_xcpretty for use in scan

Use case / for what or how I would use it

I have a script that runs during scan that is failing, but xcpretty is swallowing the script log output. It would be great if scan could support the option to disable_xcpretty, like gym does.

Hi @james.baxter,

Which step you’re referring to? Our Xcode Test, Xcode Archive, … steps do support this, via the output_tool option (https://github.com/bitrise-io/steps-xcode-archive/blob/664b0d63e49ca2c2a46325588bb6471ddea1444a/step.yml#L218), which by default is set to xcpretty but can also be xcodebuild.

That said the best is to keep it on xcpretty and simply attach the raw xcodebuild log to the build. If you register a new project on bitrise.io that’s exactly how it’s configured, so the raw xcodebuild log is attached to the build as an artifact file.

If you changed the workflow then it’s as simple adding the Deploy to Bitrise.io step with its default config, as our Xcode … steps save the raw xcodebuild log into the default deploy dir. More info: Xcode exit code 65 / exit code 66 / raw-xcodebuild-output.log

Please let me know if this solves your issue or if there’s something I missed / if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

1 Like