build started failing after switching to using Xcode 9.0.
This project is written in swift.
This is an example of a failing build:
The error I get is:
Using legacy export [08:35:47] xcodebuild "-exportArchive" "-exportFormat" "ipa" "-archivePath" "/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__archive__301127048/Sparky.xcarchive" "-exportPath" "/Users/vagrant/deploy/Sparky.ipa" "-exportProvisioningProfile" "Sparky Beta Distribution" xcodebuild: error: invalid option '-exportFormat'
I have already updated the xcode build setup with the instructions here: https://blog.bitrise.io/new-export-options-plist-in-xcode-9
These steps seemed to have fixed the problems I had building another app written in objective-c but not for this app.
Where did the issue happen?
Xcode 9.0.x, on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) (pre-installed tools)
Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?
- Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the
Cache:Pushsteps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the
Settingstab of the app. : NO Not using caches at all
- If you have multiple different build configurations (workflows), does the issue affect all/more than one? : All build configurations.
- If it’s an issue which happens sporadically, what’s the frequency? (e.g. Once a day ; about x% of the builds) :100%
- Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
- When did the issue start? :After started using xcode 9.0 stacks