XCode 13 - Cloud code signing still needs a production certificate

The XCode archive step still requires a production certificate to be uploaded to Bitrise in order to support the automatic cloud code signing (as pointed out in 4.1.0 release notes

This production certificate is not necessarily needed to upload the archive to App Store Connect though. Only an XCode archive together with the App Store Connect API key and an exportOptions.plist is now needed to successfully upload a build to ASC. More on this in the WWDC talk (in time 16:30).
I am able to send my builds to ASC from my XCode without having the certificate in my keychain.

Can we get rid of this production certificate requirement and make the setup easier? Or am I missing something?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @jibu :wave:

In case you still experience this issue, could you please submit a ticket to us with all the details you can provide at https://support.bitrise.io/ ?

Please make sure to send us the URL of a related build and enable Support User so we can take a closer look! :slightly_smiling_face: