Virtual-device-testing-for-android timeout every 30 min

Hi,

I notice that my UI Test for Android recently failed due to TimeOut error:

Test results:
Model    API Level   Locale   Orientation   Outcome                        
Pixel2   28          en       portrait      failure(TimedOut)   

Ref: Bitrise - Mobile Continuous Integration and Delivery - iOS & Android Build Automation

The reason is Firebase limit time for Physical device is 30 mins:

Longer test durations: Tests on physical devices are limited to a test duration of 30 minutes on each device. Virtual devices support a test duration of up to 60 minutes, which makes them suitable for running longer tests, and especially for measuring the performance of an app.

Ref:Beginnen Sie mit dem Testen mit Android Virtual Devices  |  Firebase Test Lab

So my question is:

1. Is there any option to choose testing on Firebase on Virtual devices to increase test duration to 60 mins
  2. Is there any workaround to work with Firebase test lab

Many thanks

Hi @dat!

Unfortunately, no to all questions, this isn’t a bug, this is the available time limit at the moment.

As an alternative, we sometimes recommend Flank which is a great tool for test sharding with Firebase, and speeds up the tests by quite a lot. The problem is, that in order to use this tool you require your own Firebase Test Lab account and can no longer use Bitrise’s integration, so that would mean extra costs.

1 Like

Hi @bitce

I got it, Thank you for sharing information about Flank :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.