Verifying an IPA without uploading to iTunes

Hi,

My workflow currently uses deploy-to-itunesconnect-deliver to push an IPA to iTunes. The problem we’re experiencing is that we don’t find out about validation errors (like missing icons or whatever) until this step executes (which is only when we release). What I’d like to be able to do is automate the execution of verification (via altool) upon every build (even dev builds).

Is this possible? I can’t see anything in the deploy-to-itunesconnect-deliver step that facilitates this, nor can I find any guidance elsewhere. I realize I could potentially write my own integration with altool, but I don’t want to re-invent the wheel here, and can also see how this would be useful to every iOS application.

Thanks

1 Like

We don’t have a step for this right now, so the easiest solution is probably to just drop in a Script step before the deploy step and run the tool(s) you want to there.

Once you have the script it’s quite simple to create a Step from it (http://devcenter.bitrise.io/bitrise-cli/create-your-own-step/) and of course we’re happy to help with that :slight_smile:

Happy Building! :slight_smile:

Sorry I forgot: if you wouldn’t have the time to create the step feel free to create a #feature-request :wink: