Trace - Custom Alerting Rules

Description of the feature request

I love the data that Trace collects. One way that I would like to use it is through customizable alerting thresholds so that I don’t have to log in to bitrise to check for a problem. Instead bitrise will let me know if there’s a problem.

Use case / for what or how I would use it

For example: I want to know if my crash rate exceeds x% of sessions over a y hour period. I would then like to publish that alert into my favorite communication channel (OpsGenie, Pagerduty, Slack, Email, etc.).

Thanks Trace Team!

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the request. This feature is definitely on our roadmap. Regarding your use case:

• What data would he important to be included in the alert payload?
  • Which of those services are the most value for us to integrate with?

Thanks

Colin

We currently have SLOs based on:
-crash rate
-cold start time

We’re also interested in understanding network roundtrip duration, but this is not something we’d necessarily need alerting on at the moment.

As for alerting channel, OpsGenie is desirable because it is what our non-mobile teams are using, so it would be useful for cross-platform views of application performance.

(oh and thank you for your response!)

Thanks for the feedback, this is super useful. I have added these details to the initiative.

If you have some spare time in the future, I would be keen to talk to you more about your monitoring use cases?

Thanks

Colin

Would be happy to!