Glad to hear you found a solution @milosz!
Checked the build log & config and I see what the issue was. It’s not a bug in the TestFairy step directly, but the step certainly could be updated - I scheduled an update for it
So the issue is that most of our steps which expect an APK path as its input can work both with a single APK path as well as with a list of APKs (pipe -
| character separated APK list, e.g.
first.apk | second.apk).
In your workflow you use the Sign APK step, which does accept the “APK list” format, to re-sign the APK files. This step then exports the re-signed APK path in its
APK_PATH output for easier step chaining.
Now this means that the TestFairy step will get a list of APKs in your case (~
app1.apk|app2.apk) but the TestFairy step was not updated, multi APK handling is not implemented in it.
We’ll try to update the TestFairy step ASAP, in the meantime you can:
- Either use a step like the one you shared (which indeed goes through these APKs one by one, and uploads them separately)
- Or have a sequence of steps:
- Re-sign APK (a single one!!)
- TestFairy (deploy that single APK)
- Second Sign APK step for the second APK
- TestFairy step - to deploy the second APK
In short (for #2) the step works if you only specify one APK for it at a time, and instead use multiple TestFairy steps to upload the APKs, one by one.
Thanks again for reporting, we’ll try to share the update ASAP!