Surface Xcode Test Results as Bitrise Output Variable

EDITED:
Feature request to have number of tests passing vs. failing as an output variable for Xcode tests. Or at least the names of the tests that failed.

0 Likes

How to print Log summary and the test that does not pass

Thanks for the #feature-request @juliancmg!

How exactly would that look like? Can you provide an example?

Wouldn’t that be a “too long” list? E.g. what if you have 100+ tests?

But to see why exactly that test failed you’d still have to open the related bitrise.io page, right?
I mean, from only “Test X failed” you won’t have enough information why it failed.

P.S.: you can include the build URL in your slack message, with $BITRISE_BUILD_URL

0 Likes

Hi Viktor, noted - I didn’t think through the implications of if ALL the tests were reported as in my original feature request. I’ve updated the summary to match maybe more of a regular use case for Slack alerts (high level).

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Still, do you have any example idea?
All I can think of won’t solve that you still have to go to the build’s page to check the logs/details, which don’t really solve the problem (I guess the problem is that you don’t even want to check the build page, only Slack).

0 Likes

Would be nice at least to get numbers of tests ran, how many passed / failed… Other CI platforms I’ve used like Jenkins make that available. Currently BITRISE_XCODE_TEST_RESULT just outputs “failed” which doesn’t tell me much. Yes I can go into the build on Bitrise then click into the test results but it’s nice to have the numbers there in Slack for my team to see.

1 Like