I have been trying to run my Detox Android tests on Bitrise for almost a week now with almost no positive outcome. So I’ll list the steps I’ve followed below:
- First off, I have built them for iOS, iOS runs very well and headless too.
- I can run my detox tests for both platforms smoothly locally from ground up.
- The emulator name is definitely absolutely correct.
- I have tried;
- using avd manager step
- creating my own windowless avd
- creating my own avd with window so I can actually see what is happening with remote connection.
I did all the above like 20 times by now, as a result what I can see is;
- The build works fine
- App is installed into the emulator just fine
- I see the below screenshot on the remote computer when I run an AVD so I thought it might be connected
The main problem I can see is that detox is having problems interacting with the bitrise emulator. First of all, the swipes do not work at all, they work when I drag the emulator with my mouse, but Detox cannot trigger them (even though it can when I run it on my mac). Second issue I saw was that some
waitFor(element(by.id(elementId))) queries simply do not work. Even though they are very visible, even though I have the exact same emulator on my computer which can see them, these elements are not seen by detox as I assume there are some limitations here.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a secret way to run detox tests for Android? I really wasted a lot of time on this already, so an answer would make me very happy. I have looked through both online and the community and I couldn’t really find an answer for this either.
Thanks in advance