No test server found even when it has been built

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I am trying to submit the app to Xamarin Test Cloud. Whilst building using the Step: Submit Calabash Android test to Xamarin Test Cloud it fails citing:

No test server ‘/Users/vagrant/git/App/Cucumber/test_servers/xxxxxxx.apk’ found.
Please run: calabash-android build /Users/vagrant/deploy/uk.co.xxxxxx.app.apk

Except that it was run earlier in the same step in the build log.

Environment:

If on Bitrise.io: which stack? If not on Bitrise.io: on what operating system? (Plus any other information you can share)
Xamarin Stable with Xcode 8.2, on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?
Submit Calabash Android test to Xamarin Test Cloud v0.9.2

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO

• Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO

• If you have multiple different build configurations (workflows), does the issue affect all/more than one? : NO

• Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO

• When did the issue start? : 2017/01/16

Build log

Sent via message

@godreikrisztian did you manage to solve this with @david.k?

A new version of the step (1.0.0) is shared in the steplib. It contains fixes and improvements, but i can not validate the new version with @david.k yet.

I have updated it to the latest, am running it now. Will let you know the results in a short while.

1 Like

It is still failing in the same spot.

No test server '/Users/vagrant/git/App/Cucumber/test_servers/1d5b0a11036b0c6a629fa83b1839e68c_0.9.0.apk' found. 
 Please run: calabash-android build /Users/vagrant/deploy/uk.co.vanquis.app.apk
and try submitting again.
Failed to run command, error: exit status 64

Issue was that I was using the incorrect $work_dir
I was using : $BITRISE_SOURCE_DIR/App/Cucumber/features instead of : $BITRISE_SOURCE_DIR/App/Cucumber

CORRECT SETTING

INCORRECT SETTING

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed solution @david.k! :wink:

1 Like

@godreikrisztian spotted the error and fixed it. I just provided a handy guide for anyone else that may have similar issues. Its funny how you can overlook something.

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes simple typo issues the hardest to catch :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like