Issues Integrating an AWS CodeCommit repository to Bitrise

I have attempted to setup Bitrise with a React Native project hosted on AWS CodeCommit following these docs:

With the public key being attached to the AWS IAM user for Bitrise. I have just given this user the permission set of AWSCodeCommitReadOnly.

I used the SSH url for my repo to be integrated with Bitrise and also clicked on “set up my own SSH” and also added the private key that I generated for this user.

However, I received error mesages about permission issues with the public key issued to this Bitrise account. Output below:

Git clone repository
=> git "init"
=> git "remote" "add" "origin" "[REDACTED]"
=> git "fetch"
0 attempt failed:
Warning: Permanently added 'git-codecommit.{region-name-redacted}' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Does the Docker container that connects to this repo need to have have a config file with the SSH key id for this user in ~/.ssh? The AWS Docs here seem to indicate it: Setup steps for SSH connections to AWS CodeCommit repositories on Linux, macOS, or Unix - AWS CodeCommit

Can provide more details upon request

Sorry to hear about the issue @ek-mm! Can you let us know how this SSH key was generated?

Hey @bitce,

I misread the docs and forgot to add the SSH key ID to the repository URL when entering the clone URL of the repo. Sorry for the inconvenience :smile:

No worries! Glad to hear it wasn’t anything more persistent :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.