iOS Build Run Script Phase is failing in Bitrise

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I’m using a Run Script phase in my project to reset UI Tests to a clean state after every run. The script runs fine on my machine but fails in the Bitrise pipeline I setup.

The script I’m running is this -> /usr/bin/xcrun simctl uninstall booted

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

XCode 11.1.x MacOS 10.14.6

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?
xcode-test

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : YES
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : N/A
  • When did the issue start? :

Local reproduction

_Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Tested the with a clean build. Didn’t test the reset because that’s what I aimed to do with the script

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

ios n/a

Build log

Please copy paste the build’s bitrise.io URL here (or if the issue happens somewhere else then the full logs), or if you can’t share the url / log here then send the url or full log through a private channel (e.g. email - https://www.bitrise.io/contact ), with a link to the related Discuss issue.

From the logs, I see this error

No devices are booted.
Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code

Not sure what to make of it, is the build lifecycle different?

Additional questions

I wanted to check the logs but I can’t seem to find them. How do I access the logs generated from the tests?

Hi @jc.yu!

Can you please include a build URL with your report? That allows us to check out the builds logs, which is what the issue template is referring to.

Hi

Here’s the build url.

Hi @jc.yu,

Is this a build script that you wrote or was it generated by a tool? If so, which tool?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.