IOS Build failing due to pod install error for cordova plugins only on Bitrise.io

#1

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Getting error for pod install in the Ionic Archive build step.
Even rebuilding builds that were succesfull in the past.

Installing "cordova-plugin-googleplus" for ios
Running command: pod install --verbose
Failed to install 'cordova-plugin-googleplus': Error: pod: Command failed with exit code 1
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Users/vagrant/git/node_modules/cordova-common/src/superspawn.js:135:23)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:198:13)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:982:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:259:5)
Failed to restore plugin "cordova-plugin-googleplus" from config.xml. You might need to try adding it again. Error: Error: pod: Command failed with exit code 1

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

Bitrise.io - Xcode 11.4.x, on macOS 10.15.4 (Catalina) Stack

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Ionic archive: 2.1.1

Reproducibility

  • _Does a “Rebuild” help?: NO
  • _Does a rebuild without caches help?: NOT USING CACHE
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : EVERY TIME
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : 1 WEEK AGO APROX.

Local reproduction

The complete local debug guide was followed and the build is successful in local environments, with a clean clone of the code.

We did not test with the Docker Image locally.

Build log

bitrise failing build:
https://app.bitrise.io/build/111fc4ff8e45e383#?tab=log

0 Likes

#2

Hi @francobostico! Can you initially please confirm to us that there were no relevant source code changes?

If rebuilding old builds that used to succeed fail now, that would likely indicate the problem being in the code. We will request you to do a completely clean build locally and send us the outputs of that in case it succeeds.

0 Likes

#3

Hey @bitce, thanks for your reply. Yes i can confirm there are no code changes between the last working build and current builds. I have have a master branch that was succeeding, then I started to see this error on the develop branch with the new changes, but couldn’t find a relation with the code changes to this issue. So I tested again with the master branch (without the new changes) and was also failing with the same error. That led me to believe there might be some environmental issue.

Here is a link to the working local build logs in a txt file, to avoid pasting the complete logs here.

Thank you!!

0 Likes