Increase the number of Generic File Storage files allowed

Can the limit of just 5 files allowed per project in the Generic File Storage to be increased? I have a number of FAKE scripts that I use to build versions of my app for different clients and for different environments (stage, prod). This can add up to a number of config files per project.

1 Like

Thanks for the feature request!

A workaround / solution in the meantime:

• ZIP up your scripts/files
  • upload the ZIP into the Generic File Storage on bitrise.io
  • download & unzip the ZIP with the ZIP resource archive downloader step
    • you can specify the target dir where the files should be uncompressed with the step’s Extract path option

This should work quite well if you want to place your files into the same directory, and of course you can upload multiple ZIPs, or upload some files without compressing them, and the rest as a ZIP.

Thanks, but the workaround is a bit clunky. I have a number of workflows per project that all need an individual file so currently I’m limited to 5 workflows per project. I could probably find a work around using App Env Vars and passing those into the FAKE build file as parameters. But using a separate build file for each workflow is easier to manage.

I definitely agree with you, and we’re considering increasing the limit. Of course if this feature request gets some votes that definitely helps to bump this :wink:

Quick question: how do you manage these files locally? Do you store them in a separate repository?

I’m running into this problem too, and would looove to have the limit increased. Right now it limits my number of workflows in a project and I have to create new projects (with the overhead that it involves) instead of just adding new workflows and files to the existing project.

2 Likes

This is nuts, Why ONLY 5? HAS to be increased.

1 Like

Please increase the limit, why is it set to this arbitrary number?

Please, increase the amount of files. We can’t use file storage for app signing because of this limitation. Also could be great to have numbers of ANDROID KEYSTORE FILE.

1 Like

@viktorbenei is there any possibility to increase that? it’s been a long time that this is like this, it’s a real pain for flutter projects were you need to have ios and android files for the same project.

@viktorbenei bumping this up :slight_smile: the limit is quite limiting for some use cases (e.g. flutter with deployment to both googlePlay and huaweiAppGallery and appStore) and the zip workaround is indeed a bit complicated and not-straight-forward

+1 This is very limiting … pun intended.

+1 Increasing the storage amount would be really good.

+1 It need to be inceased…

+1 It would really good to increase this limit.

Five is a low limit and the unzip step solution is clunky and adds unnecessary overhead.

On various Bitrise pages users have requested this dating back 3+ years and I’ve seen some responses that allure to some considerations internally on the matter, is there any likelihood that an increase is being considered?

+1

Having to use a zip hackaround when the straight-forward solution is just out-of-reach due to an arbitrary limit is really frustrating :frowning:

Also waiting for the limit to be increased ! +1 !!

+1 It’s 2022 and it seems this didn’t get any attention. Please change this arbitrary limit.

Up, increase it please ! Very limiting

Hey all, we have increased the limit to 50 files now. Hope this helps.

If you need more files, please reach out to me directly as we’d like to learn more about the use case and see if we can support it in a different way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.