Gradle task failed, error: write /dev/stdout: resource temporarily unavailable

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Gradle build step log error, output of log below. The code is okay and could be build locally, but it seems the machine could not handle the size of output log, and thus triggering this error. Anyone have encountered this issue?

Environment:

Gradle Runner Step (use version 1.7.7) : task assembleDebug

Stack : Android & Docker 18.04

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : Sometimes
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Sporadically
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Since my build log become longer

Build log

Merged dex #1590 (1 defs/10.1KiB)
Merged dex #1591 (1 defs/4.0KiB)
Merged dex #1592 (1 defs/1.4KiB)
Merged dex #1595 (1 defs/1.0KiB)
Merged dex #1596 (1 defs/3.2KiB)
Gradle task failed, error: write /dev/stdout: resource temporarily unavailable

Hi @fchristysen!

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue. Can you please paste the builds URL or the log file here as well so we are able to see what goes on completely?

Hi @bitce
Here’s the build url https://app.bitrise.io/build/5220d4eda86a30a4

Thanks!

We started looking into it and will get back to you ASAP!

1 Like

Hey again @fchristysen!

Sorry about the delay. In the while, we have been trying to reproduce this issue, but we are unable to, unfortunately. Can you perhaps provide us with a sample project where you encountered this issue to help us investigate it?

1 Like

Hello @bitce . Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the error myself in sample project. Seems to me it was caused by too much log output in the build step. Meanwhile, for the workarounds, I add -q options to my gradle task, and also suppress my proguard log notes (using dontnote ** inside proguard-rules.pro). Will get back to you if I could reproduce it in separate project. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.