We cut weekly builds. Today we ran our workflow and it failed in the google-play-deploy step with this error:
- ApkPath: unknown app path extension in path: /bitrise/deploy/Pagerduty-5.50(6194).apk\n, supported extensions: .apk, .aab no app provided
So we looked at the workflow and saw that the “App file path” is set to
$BITRISE_APK_PATH\n$BITRISE_AAB_PATH. It looks like this step just updated to 1.6.0. If we revert to 1.5.1 it works.
The confusing part is that “App file path” is a field that is new to 1.6.0. Version 1.5.1 has “APK or App Bundle file path” and the value we had was just
$BITRISE_APK_PATH. So it seems like the auto-upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0 determined what the value of this new field should be and got it wrong. The step says multiple values can be used, separated by
|, but the step doesn’t seem to accept that after we tried both.
This is the second time this year a change to a Bitrise step has broken one of our workflows.