Flutter can not build with Android appbundle

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I can’t build flutter app android with appbundle . Currently after this command flutter "build" "appbundle" "--flavor" "prod" "--release" log show step stuck at Resolving dependencies... and auto abort by bitrise timeout. This command worked with me before. But build apk release still work well. ( I enable support access already )

Environment:

Flutter Android build app bundle

If on Bitrise.io: which stack? If not on Bitrise.io: on what operating system? (Plus any other information you can share)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Flutter build android appbundle 0.12.0

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Yesterday

Local reproduction

It work well with local build with Bitrise CLI

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

No it can’t be reproduced in locally.

Build log

https://app.bitrise.io/build/c88e270c877ea6db#?tab=log

1 Like

Hi there @MinhMark :wave:

Thanks for contacting us!
Currently Flutter seems to have an issue with appbundles, but reverting back to a previous version (Flutter v1.7.8+hotfix.4) will fix the issue :slight_smile:

Hopefully they will deploy a fix for the current version soon :slight_smile:

Still not working… I need the last Flutter version to build it. It works locally, so It seems to be a problem with Bitrise

@DavidFD could you pase the related build URL here? :slight_smile:

this one: https://app.bitrise.io/build/529f158707773a84#?tab=log

Hi @DavidFD!

As we understand through our chat conversations, the issue was resolved with using the v1.9.1+hotfix.2-stable version of flutter.

Feel free to correct us if we’re wrong and if this needs any more assistance!

Unfortunately I still ran into the same problem :confused:

I have to use Flutter 1.9.1+hotfix.6 and everytime I try to build my android application within a workflow step (flutter “build” “appbundle” “–release”), the build get a timout trying to resolve the dependencies after initializing gradle.

Everything works fine on my local machine.

I can’t build flutter app with android appbundle too.
Reverting it back to v1.7.8+hotfix.4 - is not an option for me.

So, the problem still exists in Flutter 1.9.1+hotfix.6

Any update on this? I also encountered this problem :confused:

Any update on this ? I am also facing this issue ?

We experienced the same issue after we inadvertently upgraded to using flutter-installer 0.11. Reverting to flutter-install 0.10 appears to have fixed the issue.

Hi @vickramj_tm and @vishnu and everyone else!

Can you guys confirm that this issue is present with the latest 0.12.0 version of the step?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.