Fatal: could not read username for: device not configured

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I’m trying to connect Bitrise to a private Bitbucket repository that depends on several private Cocoapod modules that we maintain ourselves. When creating the app, I pick the “I have to” when asked if I need to access private CocoaPods. For my last attempt I then copied the given SSH key into each of the repositories (both the main iOS app and the private CocoaPods) as an access key. The location into where I copied it is: Repository → Settings → Access keys.

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

On Bitrise.io: Xcode 10.1.x, on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

E.g.: Run CocoaPods Install 1.7.2

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Today

Local reproduction

I’m able to fetch the CocoaPods locally, since that’s the issue here.

Build log

Cloning spec repo X_podspecs from X_podspecs.git

$ /usr/local/bin/git clone X_podspecs.git – X_podspecs

Cloning into ‘X_podspecs’…

fatal: could not read Username for ‘X’: Device not configured

[!] Unable to add a source with url X_podspecs.git named X_podspecs.

(/usr/local/bin/git clone X_podspecs.git – X_podspecs

Cloning into ‘X_podspecs’…

fatal: could not read Username for ‘https://bitbucket.org’: Device not configured

)

Hi @eirikvaa_airthings!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Can you also include a build URL here please?

Thanks for replying. I managed to get it working by making Git clone with SSH instead of HTTPS through a Script step.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.