Exporting .ipa for Enterprise

I have a client that needs an .ipa file so that they can sign it internally with their enterprise certificate. Do you know if I can send them the .ipa signed with my AdHoc profile / cert and then they can re-sign it? Or is there a way to get the Xcode Archive step to produce an unsigned .ipa file

I know theres a “enterprise” export method but I don’t have the enterprise certs or profiles so I don’t think thats the correct option.

Hi @corymsmith,

Thanks for asking this here! :wink:

It’s possible, e.g. with our Re-sign IPA (you can run this on any Mac using the Bitrise CLI), or any other resigner tool (I believe there are a few available, and most likely scripts too, but we usually use our step ;)).

Another possibility is to send them the Xcode archive file, which they can open and export a signed ipa from.
For that you just have to enable the Export the generated archive? option of the Xcode Archive step

and make sure that you have the Deploy to Bitrise.io step after the Xcode Archive step. The archive file will be attached to the build by the deploy step and you’ll be able to download it from there.

There might be other solutions too, these are probably the easiest ones.

If you have any questions just let us know!

Happy Building! :slight_smile: