Disable rolling builds for a specific workflow

Hello guys,

It would be great if we can disable the rolling builds feature for a specific workflow. I ran into this issue where I have a workflow that I want to build 8 times in parallel with a different env variable that I pass for each build that will change the build based on that. Because of the feature Rolling Builds, 7 builds get canceled every time I trigger the 8 builds. We still need the Rolling Builds feature for all other workflows though.

Her’s How I trigger the 8 builds from a shell script.

#!/usr/bin/env bash
set -x

strings=("ClientFoundation" "CoreOrdering" "Discovery" "Fintech" "Location" "Marketing" "NewBusiness" "PlatformFoundation")

for i in "${strings[@]}"; do
    curl https://app.bitrise.io/app/12345/build/start.json --data
'{
"hook_info": {"type":"bitrise","build_trigger_token":"12345"},
"build_params": {"branch":"development","workflow_id":"Regression-Test-Tribe-Based",
"environments": [{"mapped_to":"TRIBE","value":"'$i'","is_expand":true}'

done

Now, I had to create 8 duplicated wokflows with just a different TRIBE name that our app will build tests for that specific tribe as a workaround. All the other steps are the same. I think it would make sense to disable Rolling Builds for a specific workflow so we don’t have to duplicate workflows that we need to run in parallel on the same branch.

If you guys have any suggestions I would appreciate your feedback

Thanks for your great work!

This would be nice.

We have testing workflows that simply use an env var to filter which UI tests to run. We would like to just trigger multiple builds at the same time for different sets of tests. But the rolling builds stops us from doing that. If we could just disable rolling builds for our testing workflow this would solve our issue and we won’t need to create a separate workflow for each different set of tests.