Deploy to bitrise.io from CLI

I have an android app and I use Bitrise CLI for Continuous Integration.
I have a few steps (test, sign, deploy etc) but the step deploy to bitrise.io is failing because of missing Build URL…I don’t know what link to assign to the BITRISE_BUILD_URL env variable. Could someone guide me where I can find the Build url? (I assume this link is not generated after starting a build from within the Bitrise.io platform itself…this would make deploy from CLI not supported)

I want this step to work because it allows me to notify the testers, friends, etc with the build via their email.

Hi @a.circus,

The Deploy to Bitrise.io step does require Bitrise.io. You can’t run it outside of the Bitrise.io environment, because it uses the Bitrise.io Artifact deploy API (that’s why the $BITRISE_BUILD_URL env var is required, and that env var is set by bitrise.io when the build starts).

Hi @viktorbenei,

Thanks for the quick answer. I understand now…That means I must use Bitrise.io or find another step that allows me to send email with attachments.

Correct, it means that specific step can only work with the bitrise.io API.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.