Cannot find an installed Xcode satisfying '12.5'

Description of the issue

Build is failing with error:
Cannot find an installed Xcode satisfying '12.5'

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

Xcode 12.5.x, on macOS 11.2 (Big Sur)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

xcversion

Reproducibility

100%

Local reproduction

Fastlane build works fine locally.

Build log

Hi @nikitasaurus! Iā€™d believe this is caused by the stack being on the current latest final version of Xcode, which is Xcode 12.5.1

Hi @bitce! That totally makes sense and the issue has been resolved now that I changed Fastlane to use 12.5.1. Though this has been resolved, would it make sense to not have the stacks as ā€œ12.4.xā€, ā€œ12.5.xā€, ā€œ13.0.xā€? I think it would be a better experience to be able to specify an exact version. Thanks!

Changing Fastlane to look for 12.5.1 worked a little bit.

Getting a similar error now:

Cannot find an installed Xcode satisfying '12.5.1'

To my knowledge, there have not been any more Xcode releases for 12.5.x. Could this please be looked into? I was able to run builds fine last week by retrying a couple times but now I am consistently seeing the issue 100%.

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience. There were some issues in updating the Xcode 12.5.x stack from Xcode 12.5 to Xcode 12.5.1. These should now be corrected and the xcode 12.5.x stack should have Xcode 12.5.1 now.

If you do have an issue with this, please let us know. The best thing to do would be to open a ticket.

Thanks,
Cathy

Hi @cathy.harmon,

This issue is still happening consistently for me.

Should I switch back to 12.5?

Thanks,
Nikita

Hello -

Apologies - we hit a few issues in getting this corrected. The xcode 12.5.x stack should be at 12.5.1. If you run into a case where it is not, please open a ticket and let us know!

Thanks!
cathy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.