Build fails at test or make apk step when I use a forked a package (Android)

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Bitrise build fails at test or make apk step when I use a forked version of a dependency. The project is using react native.

This is how it is used:
“react-native-track-player”: “git+https://elinahovakimyan@github.com/elinahovakimyan/react-native-track-player.git”,

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

I get this error for tests:
Cannot find module ‘react-native-track-player’

And this error when I try without tests:
error While trying to resolve module react-native-track-player from file /bitrise/src/index.js, the package /bitrise/src/node_modules/react-native-track-player/package.json was successfully found. However, this package itself specifies a main module field that could not be resolved (/bitrise/src/node_modules/react-native-track-player/lib/index.js. Indeed, none of these files exist

If on Bitrise.io: which stack? If not on Bitrise.io: on what operating system? (Plus any other information you can share)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Script test or make apk

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) :NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. :NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : YES

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.