Build aborted: Lost connection to build agent

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

We have a bunch of Bitrise workflows that are running well, to run tests, deploy to firebase or TestFlight…
Most of the work is handled by Fastlane, so the workflows on Bitrise are really simple : pretty much clone the repo, pod install, and run a fastlane lane that builds/tests/upload, etc.

I explored with a Fastlane plugin called test-center that simplifies our Fastfile quite a lot.

test-center runs multiple simulators in parallel to speed up the tests.
This works fine on my machine.

It starts fine on Bitrise, builds the application, runs the simulator, but Bitrise loses connection to the build agent after 30 minutes (which doesn’t happen in our regular builds).

I don’t really understand, because we have a 90 minutes build limit, and since the Fastlane command isn’t done, I don’t see why Bitrise aborts.

Environment:

On Bitrise.io.
Using Fastlane’s latest step (2.7.1)
Using the latest stack : Xcode 12.1.x on Catalina 10.15.6

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : When I test using the multi_scan command of the test-center

Local reproduction

I have tried with the Test with the Bitrise CLI step.
I’ve reset every simulators, and am using the same stack.

Build log

Hi @m-dechalendar-betcli,

Can you please enable support access so we can access your builds?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.