Build aborted with "Lost connection to build agent" when setting up VPN

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

In my workflow, I setup a VPN with openconnect to access internal servers. However, build is aborted after some time with the error “Lost connection to build agent”.

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

Stack : Ubuntu 16.04

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Step “Script” version 1.1.5 (currently latest)

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Around March 14th, when setting up workflow

Local reproduction

I use a different stack on my local machine, so it is hard to migrate all the scripts to try to reproduce the issue.

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

Didn’t try as it requires a lot of time to setup, but will do if needed

Build log

Not sure this is useful but here is the build log:

No more log after that, build is aborted.

Hy there!

if the connection is made but it times out, or gets stuck, that usually means that you are halfway through, but your vpn might block communication in a way with bitrise.io, so the connection is live but it does not let info to go through🤔

That’s probably what happens. What is the exact URL to whitelist? “bitrise.io”? I will ask our sysadmins to whitelist that and let you know if it solves the issue.

can You check this thread, I think this is the one: How to configure bitrise to access an internally hosted git repository

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.