Join us, contribute to Bitrise and get a $20 discount from your personal Developer plan subscription!
You are eligible for a $20 discount on a personal Developer plan forever if you are a Bitrise step maintainer. Check out the pricing page to see what you can get in the Developer subscription plan.
Bitrise step contribution means the development of a step/integration, and sharing it in the Bitrise StepLib. Once you have your Step in the Bitrise StepLib just add yourself to this list here, by leaving a comment (please see the template below), and we’ll enable the Contributor Discount for your Bitrise.io account in no time!
Note: please read the Abandoned Step policy section in the StepLib. By applying for the discount you accept this policy, and the discount will be active as long as you actively maintain your Step.
If you need an idea to work on, you can check the #contrib-this-feature tag page and just pick one. Or if you’re interested in existing steps you can check our integrations page, to collect some ideas - you can find the link to the source code of every step there!
Step by step guide to get the discount
- Install the Bitrise CLI to run your workflows locally and start developing your own step! Check out the docs about using the CLI on the Dev Center.
- Develop your step (docs). If you need an idea you can check the ones tagged with the #contrib-this-feature tag here on discuss.bitrise.io
- If you feel you are ready, shoot
bitrise shareand follow the instructions, or use the official Step Template’s
share-this-stepworkflow if you have it in your step’s
bitrise.yml(preferred, as it makes sharing new versions way easier).
- Once your step is merged to the Bitrise StepLib you become a Bitrise step contributor!
- Please add yourself to this Contributors list, so that we can apply the Contributor Discount for your account, by filling out the following template and replying with it here:
Steps I maintain: * Step 1 with link * Step 2 with link ... Other Bitrise Contributions: * Bitrise CLI X plugin ... (OPTIONAL) GitHub username: [username]
That’s all! Once your step is accepted into the Bitrise StepLib and you comment here with the template above we’ll send you the discount activation instructions in a direct/private message.
Do you have a question?
If you have any question about Step development, or about anything else related to Bitrise, please ask it in the #question-answer category. Please do not ask questions here, only reply here with the contributor template, to help us keep this list clean.