[avd-manager] Failed to boot emulator device within 300 seconds

It seems I’m not the only one to have the issue. I’m trying to launch an Android emulator to run some tests on my project, but it systematically fails.

In the project settings, ENABLE UI TESTS ON VIRTUAL DEVICES is switched On, as well as Enable Bitrise Support

I’m using the AVD Manager step to launch the emulator, version 0.9.2 (latest as of today), with the default configuration, and I systematically get the following error :

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| (0) avd-manager@0.9.2                                                        |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id: avd-manager                                                              |
| version: 0.9.2                                                               |
| collection: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise-steplib.git                |
| toolkit: go                                                                  |
| time: 2019-03-04T13:23:18Z                                                   |
|                                                                              |
INFO[13:23:18] Start installing (golang) with apt-get       
INFO[13:23:18]  * [OK] Step dependency (go) installed, available. 
Configs:
- Version: 26
- Resolution: 240x426
- Density: 120
- Orientation: portrait
- Tag: google_apis
- ABI: x86
- Profile: Nexus 5X
- ID: emulator
- CustomCommandFlags: -no-window -no-audio -debug-init
- Overwrite: true
- CustomConfig:
disk.dataPartition.size=1024M
hw.camera.back=emulated
hw.camera.front=emulated
hw.keyboard=yes
hw.gpu.enabled=true
hw.gpu.mode=swiftshader
hw.ramSize=1536
runtime.network.latency=none
runtime.network.speed=full
showDeviceFrame=no
skin.dynamic=yes
skin.path=_no_skin
skin.path.backup=_no_skin
vm.heapSize=384
Ensure sdk packages: [tools platform-tools system-images;android-26;google_apis;x86]
- Done
Create AVD
- Done
Start emulator
Failed to boot emulator device within 300 seconds.
|                                                                              |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
| x | avd-manager@0.9.2 (exit code: 1)                              | 344 sec  |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
| Issue tracker: https://github.com/bitrise-steplib/steps-avd-manager/issues   |
| Source: https://github.com/bitrise-steplib/steps-avd-manager                 |

Is there a step I’m missing in the configuration to make this work ?

Hello there!

I’m sad to hear you experience such hardships, can I ask you to check out this thread? it holds a pretty dependable solution to this, and has a greatly detailed recent update by one of our users: Android Emulator in 90 seconds

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.