API for Outgoing Webhooks

Hi,

Is it possible to get API endpoints for listing and modifying the outgoing webhooks for a particular app?

I see there is a /apps/{slug}/register-webhook endpoint, but the documentation has no details on how to use this endpoint, and it’s not clear to me whether it’s for incoming or outgoing webhooks.

Thanks!

Hi @dtweston thanks for this #feature-request as well! :blush:

The /apps/{slug}/register-webhook endpoint serves to register an incoming webhook, the usage of which is included here.

While currently there isn’t such option, could you go into a bit more detail as well, to help us see why would this be useful to you?

I’m planning to build a Mac menubar app to monitor your builds, so I would use this API to automatically create a webhook for the apps that the user wants to monitor.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Also, maybe it’s just because I’m not familiar with how the incoming webhooks work, but that documentation doesn’t seem to explain the format of the request. I’d assume you would need to specify a URL at least?

Hi again @dtweston, sorry for the awfully long delay here!

It makes perfect sense, we also had a similar project in the past which might be of use to you: GitHub - bitrise-io/bitrise-plugins-io: A Terminal / Command Line interface for bitrise.io, to manage your apps on bitrise.io right from your terminal / command line.

This is a CLI tool that aims to accomplish something similar through the API!

We also have both and an Android and iOS App created by the community! You can find their threads respectively here:

Hey, no problem about the delay responding. I realize this isn’t your highest priority right now.

I looked over the CLI tool and took a brief peek at both of the apps, but they seem to have different aims than what I’m after, or maybe I’m not looking in the right place.

I’m looking to provide more ambient awareness to a user of Bitrise, so the user can get notifications if a build failed and easily see what went wrong. Currently notification can come in via email, but lots of things come in via email, and having to triage every email to figure out if your build broke is not ideal.

Basically, I’ve used this app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ccmenu/id603117688?mt=12 in the past with Jenkins, and would like to build the same thing for Bitrise.