Android Gradle task failed, :app:bundleReleaseJsAndAssets FAILED

Gradle task failed, :app:bundleReleaseJsAndAssets FAILED

Gradle runner tasks fail on Bitrise (even old branches that used to build successfully)

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:

Failed to capture snapshot of input files for task ‘:app:bundleReleaseJsAndAssets’ property ‘$1’ during up-to-date check.

> Could not list contents of ‘/Users/vagrant/git/node_modules/.bin/detox’. Couldn’t follow symbolic link.

• Try:

Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

• Exception is:

org.gradle.api.UncheckedIOException: Failed to capture snapshot of input files for task ‘:app:bundleReleaseJsAndAssets’ property ‘$1’ during up-to-date check.

at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.state.CacheBackedTaskHistoryRepository.snapshotTaskFiles(CacheBackedTaskHistoryRepository.java:333)

Environment:

Build OS? Fails on OS X 10.0.0 El Capitan (previously it worked on OS X 10.11 El Capitan)
Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step? gradle-runner@1.8.3

Reproducibility

• Rebuild and removing node_modules before npm i or yarn does not fix the issue
  • The builds always fail (even the older ones that used to build successfully)
  • When did the issue start? Last successful build was Friday 2018-09-28 13:04, first unsuccessful build Monday 2018-10-01 12:26
  • iOS builds also fail now with a different error, I will make a different ticket for it

Local reproduction

I can’t reproduce the issue on my machine (Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5) even after clearing cache.

Build log URL

https://app.bitrise.io/build/c801539a82dfb2f0

I am also icloud having this same issue and google classroom i too need help.

@brial, I’m glad I’m not the only one, I want to ask: Do you experience iOS build failures suddenly as well? Because our iOS xcode-archive step started failing at the same time, I thought there might be a connection between the issues.

Hello there!
for the xcode archive you should change the stack to previous hybrid

@brial @Eduard We are looking into this issue in the while, thanks for the patience guys!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.