Allow Fabric to automatically upload the mapping file for obfuscated android builds

Hello,

In our Android app we are using Crashlytics for crash reporting and ProGuard for code obfuscation (minifyEnabled true)

Although as per documentation https://docs.fabric.io/android/crashlytics/dex-and-proguard.html there is no printmapping mapping.txt inside the proguard configuration file I still see in bitrise build logs
Obfuscating... Printing mapping to [/bitrise/src/app/build/outputs/mapping/release/mapping.txt]...

I think that because of this the crash reports are still obfuscated in Craslytics web.

I know we can download the mapping file and do the deobfuscation locally but I would prefer to let Crashlytics automatically upload the mapping so that the crash reports are easy to read on the web.

How can we get that?

It depends on your Gradle config, I don’t think there’s anything Bitrise.io specific here.

If you run the gradle build from your own Mac/PC does it upload the mapping file to crashlytics?

You should follow the official crashlytics/fabric guides for this setup and that should work on bitrise.io too.

If you have any questions just let us know! :slight_smile: