Xcode 9 GM - Failed to create target code sign properties mapping, error

Thank you for reporting, it seems like Xcode 9 is being particularly stubborn this time.
We’re looking into this and will post a fix asap! Until then you can use the workaround suggested in my earlier post in this thread:

Sorry for the inconvenience!

@trick14 & @shaddeen please create separate issues with the logs in #issues:build-issues so that we can track & notify those.

I’m also having the same issue with my builds.

Hi @hearst,
we are working on the fix, until we release a new version please use this workaround: Xcode 9 GM - Failed to create target code sign properties mapping, error

1 Like

Do you have an ETA? The work around does not fit our current workflow.

1 Like

This have to be done on this week.

3 Likes

Hi,
we released a new version of the step: 2.3.2.
Please update the step in your workflows and do not forget to update Certificate and Profile Installer step to the latest version (1.9.0) as well.
Let us know how does it work four you!

Do we still need the workaround for this one? I’m getting a different error.

Generating export options
auto-detect export method, based on embedded profile
embedded provisioning profile: <*******> (************-24ca-****-b43b-************) - export method: development
xcode major version > 9, generating exportOptions with provisioningProfiles node
Failed to create scheme - target mapping, error: failed to run ruby script, output: {"error":"project does not contain scheme: <******>\n/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__ruby-script-runner__997203688/script.rb:124:in `read_scheme_target_mapping'\n/var/folders/90/5stft2v13fb_m_gv3c8x9nwc0000gn/T/__ruby-script-runner__997203688/script.rb:164:in `<main>'"}, error: exit status 1
Please contact us on bitrise on-site-chat and
attach your failed build log file (+ raw-xcodebuild-log if any) and
your project's .xcodeproj file, to let us identify the issue.

After updating my stack to Xcode 9 and updating the steps to 2.3.2 and 1.9.0 I’m getting the error:

❌  error: exportArchive: No profiles for 'org.myOrg.myApp' were found

@jaelim and @robrichard,
could you please write us on bitrise on-site-chat? Please include your full build log file (+ raw-xcodebuild-log if any).

I too am having the same error:

:x: error: exportArchive: No profiles for ‘****’ were found

I replied to my support ticket with the full logs.

Thanks @jeremy.gale, we’ll check the logs ASAP! :slight_smile:

Doesn’t work. still same.

Just want to chime in and say I’m receiving the same error. In my case, I use fastlane, gym is now no longer able to find certificates. Hasn’t been since the switch to the XCode9 Stack.

Build -> d56ab20674cffca7

If it helps.

Please contact our support and report your issue with your logs, it’s very useful to us :slight_smile:

@joshj that’s a fastlane / gym issue, probably the fastest way is to report it on their issue tracker GitHub - fastlane/fastlane: 🚀 The easiest way to automate building and releasing your iOS and Android apps

Im still having the issue, even after updating to 2.3.2
Please advice

Are you still working on this issue? or you just can’t fix it? It has been a while since it reported for the first time. This Automatically manage signing option is important in our working environment and I want to say that all our mobile team is waiting you guys to fix this issue soon.

Check dependencies
Code Signing Error: No profiles for ‘com.fishtrack.app’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching ‘com.fishtrack.app’. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild.
Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 11.0’
** ARCHIVE FAILED **

@trick14 the current step version works in most projects. If it does not in your project please create a #issues:build-issues report with the logs! :slight_smile:

@hearst please create a #issues:build-issues report with your logs and we’ll check it ASAP! :slight_smile: