Certain Xamarin Android Build Slave(s) are misconfigured

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

We’re finding that around 1/10 of our Xamarin Android builds fail with the following error:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets(109,2): error XA5300:  Error finding Xamarin.Android SDK [/Users/vagrant/git/XXXX.csproj]
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets(109,2): error XA5300: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. [/Users/vagrant/git/XXX.csproj]
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets(109,2): error XA5300: Parameter name: path1 [/Users/vagrant/git/ohXen/src/ohXen/Xamarin.Android/ohXenAndroid.csproj]
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets(109,2): error XA5300:   at System.IO.Path.Combine (System.String path1, System.String path2) [0x00003] in <98fac219bd4e453693d76fda7bd96ab0>:0  [/Users/vagrant/git/XXX.csproj]
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets(109,2): error XA5300:   at Xamarin.AndroidTools.MonoDroidSdkBase.GetCurrentSharedRuntimeVersion () [0x00006] in <3eac2a74ce554ac394eee7e38e751953>:0  [/Users/vagrant/git/XXX.csproj]
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets(109,2): error XA5300:   at Xamarin.AndroidTools.MonoDroidSdkBase.Initialize (System.String runtimePath, System.String binPath, System.String bclPath) [0x0011e] in <3eac2a74ce554ac394eee7e38e751953>:0  [/Users/vagrant/git/XXX.csproj]
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets(109,2): error XA5300:   at Xamarin.AndroidTools.MonoDroidSdk.Refresh (System.String runtimePath, System.String binPath, System.String bclPath) [0x0001e] in <3eac2a74ce554ac394eee7e38e751953>:0  [/Users/vagrant/git/XXX.csproj]

Environment:

Stack: Hybrid Xamarin (Mac OSX)
Step: xamarin-archive@1.5.0 (exit code: 1)

Reproducibility

Normally a rebuild helps this issue, but not always. It’s just pot luck.

I have a feeling this is perhaps a misconfigured build slave?

Build log

Most recent fialure (about 20mins ago): Bitrise - Mobile Continuous Integration and Delivery - iOS & Android Build Automation

Some previous failures:

Hy there!, sorry for the late reply, usually this comes upt with that stack, could you try switching to the previous hybrid stack and test it there?

Finally had a failure again since I reported and found I’d forgotten to change to the previous stack…

Will comment again if we see this issue on the previous stack now I’ve changed it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.