Build fails (ArtifactResolveException)

Android app won鈥檛 build because of the issue as below:

Caused by: org.gradle.internal.resolve.ArtifactResolveException: Could not determine artifacts for com.github.ChuckerTeam.Chucker:library:3.0.1: Skipped due to earlier error
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.ivyresolve.ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepository$ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepositoryAccess.lambda$resolveArtifacts$13(ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepository.java:172)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.ivyresolve.ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepository$ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepositoryAccess.performOperationWithRetries(ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepository.java:210)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.ivyresolve.ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepository$ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepositoryAccess.resolveArtifacts(ErrorHandlingModuleComponentRepository.java:170)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.ivyresolve.RepositoryChainArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(RepositoryChainArtifactResolver.java:84)
	at org.gradle.internal.resolve.resolver.DefaultArtifactSelector.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactSelector.java:62)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.resolveengine.artifact.ResolvedArtifactsGraphVisitor.getArtifacts(ResolvedArtifactsGraphVisitor.java:100)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.resolveengine.artifact.ResolvedArtifactsGraphVisitor.visitEdges(ResolvedArtifactsGraphVisitor.java:69)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.resolveengine.graph.CompositeDependencyGraphVisitor.visitEdges(CompositeDependencyGraphVisitor.java:53)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.resolveengine.graph.builder.DependencyGraphBuilder.assembleResult(DependencyGraphBuilder.java:536)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.resolveengine.graph.builder.DependencyGraphBuilder.resolve(DependencyGraphBuilder.java:146)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.resolveengine.DefaultArtifactDependencyResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactDependencyResolver.java:123)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.DefaultConfigurationResolver.resolveGraph(DefaultConfigurationResolver.java:175)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.ShortCircuitEmptyConfigurationResolver.resolveGraph(ShortCircuitEmptyConfigurationResolver.java:86)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.ivyservice.ErrorHandlingConfigurationResolver.resolveGraph(ErrorHandlingConfigurationResolver.java:74)
	... 167 more

Hello, same problem here since this morning. I did not change anything.

Same problem here. It鈥檚 retrieving a library from Jitpack.io not sure if that鈥檚 related.

I contacted Bitrise support today regarding this issue. It appears to be related to Jitpack and they are waiting for a response from the Jitpack support team. In the meantime I created a temporary workaround. I created a branch on which I extracted all of the libraries that are downloaded from Jitpack and added them as separate modules. I also added a script on Bitrise that rebases the currently built branch onto my newly created one. That way my builds are succeeding and I don鈥檛 have to change anything in my code (except for adding a new branch). Maybe that would be an acceptable temporary solution for you (if you don鈥檛 have too many libraries from Jitpack).

This is really annoying and clearly an issue on the Bitrise side because everything work perfectly locally.
I am more and more irritated by Bitrise unreliability and lack of support (actually fixing issues, not telling us to fix things ourselves).

Same problem here.

same issue here (with com.github.yalantis:ucrop:2.2.2-native)

it seems that adding www to jitpack url does the trick (at least it fixed the issue for me)
maven { url "https://www.jitpack.io" }

1 Like

Hi there everyone!

Thanks for your patience in this matter :slight_smile:

@stan_he I鈥檓 really sorry for you feeling frustrated, please note that Jitpack is a 3rd party tool and thus outside of our hands, the issue is not really ours to fix (you can actually see on Jitpack鈥檚 github repo a number of recent discussions about this, such as this one: Origin Connection Time-out 路 Issue #3973 路 jitpack/jitpack.io 路 GitHub)
We have already contacted them and are waiting for their response, so we can only try and find workarounds in the meantime.

The reason your build works locally is because your computer already has the gradle cache dependencies downloaded, but since our Virtual Machines are created and destroyed in every single build, they do not amass the collection of dependencies over the years the way a physical computer does. If you were to delete your local gradle cache, you would experience the same issues locally as you do on Bitrise :smiley:

BUT! It seems that currently a workaround could be to add a www in the repo URL in the Gradle file:
maven { url "https://www.jitpack.io" }

So please try and see if this works :wink:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.