Allow to upload app icon

From Daniel Estermann on 2015/05/05 14:00:22 +0000

An app currently has a name, but no icon.
Allow the user to upload an icon => better karma :wink:
and it is easier to distinguish activities from different apps.

Maybe the icon can be automatically fetched directly from bitbucket? Not sure if github also has an icon per repo.

Copied from original feature request: http://bitrise.uservoice.com/forums/235233-general/suggestions/7835373-allow-to-upload-app-icon

From Heiko Behrens on 2016/06/21 23:33:08 +0000

SourceTree (granted, also from Altlassian) searches for /icon.png and /logo.png https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12782084/how-do-i-change-a-repository-logoicon-in-sourcetree to implement this

From Bitrise on 2015/05/05 14:03:13 +0000

Thanks for the suggestion, definitely a good idea!

Or get the app icon from the deployed IPA or APK. Not neccessary to get it from an app, maybe we should try to find it in the repo itself

2 Likes

Awesome idea, thanks @tamaspapik! :wink:

Keep in mind that different workflows may generate apps with different icons. E.g. development, staging, alpha, beta etc. may have some watermarks added. Branded versions usually also have different icons. One workflow may also build many apps.

Hockey App has such feature. Icon can be updated automatically from uploaded builds or set manually.

2 Likes

That’s definitely a valid point, we’ll keep that in mind.

I actually think that this might be an API, and certain steps might include built in support for that API, and you could specify which app should update the icon, or just use the API to do that.

Any news on this feature?

Planned but no release date yet.

Any updates on this feature?

@Jason_ilabs planned for this quarter (Q3 2018).

1 Like

Hey everybody,

Thanks for requesting and voting on this feature.
I’m pleased to inform you that the feature is implemented and it’s already released. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

You can find it on the Settings tab of your app:

For more information please check this blogpost:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.