title: Slack message on failure
    is_always_run: true
    run_if: .IsBuildFailed
    inputs:
    - channel: '#dev_mobile_platform'
    - text: ""
    - text_on_error: $PEAR_BUILD_FAILURE_MESSAGE
    - webhook_url: $SLACK_WEBHOOK

Where $PEAR_BUILD_FAILURE_MESSAGE is a build failure message generated by a previous step.

These builds are triggered via the Bitrise API from other builds on bitrise.io. When one of these results in a failure I see a message like this:

The same commit message is displayed every time there is a failure, regardless of which commit the build was actually built from. Worse yet, one of them shows a commit message from a COMPLETELY SEPARATE REPO which is very confusing.

I am actually passing a build message on these jobs as you can see here:

Here are my build parameters from this build:

{
  "branch": "master",
  "commit_message": "react-native-pear-login test triggered from upstream dependency 'react-native-pear-platform@9.0.1-next.2125'",
  "commit_paths": null,
  "environments": null,
  "workflow_id": "test_edge"
}

The step seems to be pulling this message by default from the GIT_CLONE_COMMIT_MESSAGE_SUBJECT and GIT_CLONE_COMMIT_MESSAGE_BODY envvars.

So, it seems somehow that if the build was triggered manually, these envvars will not be set, even if commit_message was supplied as a build parameter.

I can understand them being null, but having them populated with stale and incorrect data (which in some cases was from another repo entirely) is a bit troubling and breaks my expectations about how the sandboxed build VM is supposed to work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.