Schedule Builds Dynamically

Is it possible to schedule a build for a dynamic branch pattern (e.g. release/*) that will kick off a build per branch that matches the pattern? So in this case, if I have two branches, release/1.0.0 and release/1.1.0, two builds would be started, one for each branch?

At the moment I havent found a way to do that so we use a script to kick off the builds using the trigger-bitrise-workflow step.

Good to know, I didn’t know about the trigger-bitrise-workflow step (I’m brand new to Bitrise.)

I’m struggling to see how to use the trigger step in a workflow after a script, as the trigger can only trigger a single build and workflows are linearly sequential without loops. I can see how using the trigger API and making curl requests from within a script step might work, though.

Would you mind elaborating on how you’ve structured your workflow with the script and trigger steps?

For the branch matching, we did a script and api call.

The trigger workflow was used for a finite number of variations and each one will only get scheduled if a specific variable is set (run_if: ). The script handles the checkign of the criteria and setting of those variables prior to the trigger workflows being executed.

hth.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.