Missing Android SDK on Visual Studio for Mac, Stable channel

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

The AndroidHome path is not existing on the Visual Studio for Mac, Stable channel build

Failed to initialize Android SDK, error: lstat /usr/local/share/android-sdk: no such file or directory

This is visible in the system report of the stack too:

I ‘fixed’ it for now by configuring the workflow back to the previous stable Visual Studio for Mac stack.

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

It happens on osx-vs4mac-stable

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

For my specific workflow setup the problem is encountered on:

install-missing-android-tools@2.3.8

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : March 16, end of day

Build log

https://app.bitrise.io/build/56a9231a4f2d7e16#?tab=log (bitrise support is enabled)

0 Likes

This seems to be introduced in this stack build:

0 Likes

I got the error as well.
The install-missing-android-tools workflow tried to read /usr/local/share/android-sdk and the build failed.
I set the ANDROID_HOME env to the previous /Users/vagrant/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx and it works again.
I hope it will be fixed.

2 Likes

Same here, also reported it to support: https://bitrise.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/12512
I hope they get on it soon!
:sweat:

0 Likes

Hello,

SORRY! We should have things straightened out now so give it another try now. If you still have an issue, please open a ticket with support. Be sure to provide the build URL and enable support access and we can take a closer look.

Again - apologies for the inconvenience this caused!

Cathy

0 Likes

I have having same issue on “Visual Studio for Mac, Stable channel” stack too, setting ANDROID_HOME didn’t help.

Switched to “Previous Visual Studio for Mac, Stable channel” stack could resolve my issue for the time being.

0 Likes