Is it possible to define branch name patterns for automatic triggers?

I read the documentation and it says that it expects the exact name or else it fails, but I don’t know if maybe putting the configuration file directly in the repo can make it work, if not, is this a feature we can expect in the future? my team is testing this platform but our project is oriented to TBD

Hi there @douglas.poveda :wave:

It is absolutely possible! For example you can set up triggers to run for any branch which ends with QA: *QA.
We actually use glob syntax to determine naming for branches: glob (programming) - Wikipedia

This means you can set up all sorts of wildcards and also negative wildcards in your trigger inputs :slight_smile:

Hi, can you provide an example for select all branch except ‘develop’ ?

Hey @david.m :wave:

There is a thread that discusses how to exclude via glob syntax, which you can find here: python - glob exclude pattern - Stack Overflow

According to this thread, a trigger that should select everything except the ‘develop’ branch should in theory look like this: [!develop]*

Let me know if it works! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Quick correction!

It seems that only ‘*’ as a wildcard is supported. There is a feature request to provide full support for glob syntax so please be sure to add your support there!

Apologies for any confusion!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.