iOS UI Tests Fail: Unable to monitor event loop, Failed to get matching snapshot: Lost connection to the application

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

I am trying to run UI tests on BitRise, but I cannot seem to solve the problems I am having. I have followed the docs and read through the “List of known Xcode issues and still haven’t had any luck. My UI tests run fine locally, but on BitRise I am seeing the following for every test except the first test that runs…

Test Case ‘-[HomeAwayUITests.WelcomeUITests testLogin]’ started.

t =     0.00s Start Test at 2020-02-03 23:34:10.793

t =     0.00s Set Up

t =     0.00s     Open com.homeaway.traveler.internal

t =     0.00s         Launch com.homeaway.traveler.internal

t =     2.78s             Setting up automation session

t =     3.32s             Wait for com.homeaway.traveler.internal to idle

t =     4.24s                 Unable to monitor event loop

t =     5.25s Tap "welcomeLoginButton" Button

t =     5.25s     Wait for com.homeaway.traveler.internal to idle

t =     5.26s     Find the "welcomeLoginButton" Button

t =     5.26s         Unable to monitor event loop

t =     6.26s         Find the "welcomeLoginButton" Button (retry 1)

t =     7.27s         Find the "welcomeLoginButton" Button (retry 2)

t =     7.28s         Collecting extra data to assist test failure triage

t =     7.28s             Requesting snapshot of accessibility hierarchy for app with pid 8796

t =     7.28s             Requesting snapshot of accessibility hierarchy for app with pid 8796

t =     7.28s         Assertion Failure: WelcomeUITests.swift:29: Failed to get matching snapshot: Lost connection to the application (pid 8796).

t =     7.28s Tear Down

Test Case ‘-[HomeAwayUITests.WelcomeUITests testLogin]’ failed (7.285 seconds).

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

If on Bitrise.io: which stack? If not on Bitrise.io: on what operating system? (Plus any other information you can share)

BitRise Test Step

Xcode 11.3.x, on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : Every Time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : Since first attempt.

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (“Testing with a full clean git clone”) to make sure to test the state of the code what bitrise.io will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried.

No, it cannot be reproduced on my Mac.

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

Can it be reproduced by running the build locally, after doing a new git clone of the repository into the /tmp directory and running the build from there with the Bitrise CLI ( https://www.bitrise.io/cli )? If no, can it be reproduced with Docker (using the same docker images / environment we use on bitrise.io)? Related guide: http://devcenter.bitrise.io/docker/run-your-build-locally-in-docker/ .

No, it is not able to be reproduced locally. I have not been able to build the project using Bitrise CLI or Docker.

Build log

Please copy paste the build’s bitrise.io URL here (or if the issue happens somewhere else then the full logs), or if you can’t share the url / log here then send the url or full log through a private channel (e.g. email - https://www.bitrise.io/contact ), with a link to the related Discuss issue.

Hi @v-sseals,

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please provide a link to your build log?

Thanks,
Luna