iOS automatic provisioning does not use a profile with all devices included

Talked with @godreikrisztian : indeed this change was not part of the previous update(s), but the good news is that the related PR is under review, once accepted the new update will include it. This should happen today, but canā€™t promise it :slight_smile:

@viktorbenei I just ran into this problem again. We added a new test device on Bitrise which was already added to the Apple developer portal. The ā€œios-auto-provisionā€ step tells me that all devices are already registered on the developer portal, so there is nothing to do.
ā€œgenerate_profilesā€ is set to yes but no new provisioning profile is created, the one that is downloaded does not include the newly added test device ā€¦

1 Like

Do you know which version of the step was the last one to work? I just hit the same problem.
Edit: Apparently due to an issue with Fastlane, versions before 1.2.3 donā€™t work anymore

Can you contact us on our on-site chat or in an separate issue thread about the case please? :slight_smile:

Hello, has this been updated? We have added a new tester to our Bitrise project, and Auto Provisioning is now failing because the device isnā€™t attached to the provisioning profile. I am working with a client so I canā€™t go into the Apple Developer portal, is there a workaround?

Hello there, are you using the latest release of the step? it was fixed nearly a month ago :upside_down_face:

Yes I am running the latest release. After adding a new device Iā€™m getting:

Missing devices:
[redacted]
[[redacted]
Profile (XC: com.bose.*) distribution type: inhouse, should be: limited
Profile (XC Development WC) distribution type: inhouse, should be: limited
Profile (XC: *) distribution type: inhouse, should be: limited
Profile (iOS Team Provisioning Profile: *) does not contain every required services
Error:
Failed to find development Xcode managed provisioning profile for bundle id: com.[redacted].

Everything used to work great prior to adding a new tester with a new device.

I have opened up a full issue here: iOS AutoProvision does not work for Provisioning Profile that requires Push Notifications capability