Install-missing-android-tools failed

Hello,

I’m very new to Bitbrise, so I guess this is not a bug but simply a misconfiguration from my end.

I’m using the stack: Xcode 9.2.x, on macOS 10.12 (Sierra).

I used the default ‘deploy’ workflow but the step install-missing.android-tools fails, saying there’s no ANDROID_HOME. How can I set it up ?

Thanks for your help.

Here is the log if the fail step:

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| (4) install-missing-android-tools@2.0.6                                      |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| id: install-missing-android-tools                                            |
| version: 2.0.6                                                               |
| collection: https://github.com/bitrise-io/bitrise-steplib.git                |
| toolkit: go                                                                  |
| time: 2018-01-02T06:38:04-08:00                                              |
|                                                                              |
INFO[06:38:04]  * [OK] Step dependency (go) installed, available. 
Configs:
- RootBuildGradleFile: android/build.gradle
- GradlewPath: android/gradlew
- AndroidHome: 
Issue with input: no ANDROID_HOME set
|                                                                              |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
| x | install-missing-android-tools@2.0.6 (exit code: 1)            | 3.42 sec |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
| Issue tracker: ...bitrise-steplib/steps-install-missing-android-tools/issues |
| Source: ...://github.com/bitrise-steplib/steps-install-missing-android-tools |

Thanks

Hi @edouard.pagnier,

Thanks for reporting the issue here! :slight_smile:

Android Home is missing because you selected the Xcode 9.2 stack. That stack is a “Xcode only” stack, meaning only iOS / Xcode tools are present, Android tools are not.

If this is an Android project I’d suggest you to:

1. go to the Settings tab of the app on bitrise.io
  2. in the Project Type Selector make sure that your project’s type is set to Android
  3. now go to the Stack Selector section right under the project type selector and select a Stack.

If the project type is set then the available Stacks in the Stack Selector will be the stacks which can work with that project type. E.g. if you select Android as the project type the Xcode 9.2 stack won’t be available there, instead you’ll get pure android stacks (which don’t have Xcode installed) and “Hybrid” stacks which have both Xcode and Android installed (e.g. the Xamarin, Visual Studio for Mac stacks).

If you’d have any questions just let us know!
Happy Building! :slight_smile:

1 Like