Install missing Android SDK components step is failing for unknown reason

I’m trying to setup Bitrise to use for an Android project. This is in the primary workflow that is created for you when you setup bitrise.

I have a build.gradle file that has references to secrets that are store in a properties.gradle file. It looks like this:

signingConfigs {
    release {
        storeFile file(RELEASE_STORE_FILE)
        storePassword RELEASE_STORE_PASSWORD
        keyAlias RELEASE_KEY_ALIAS
        keyPassword RELEASE_KEY_PASSWORD
    }
}

I’ve uploaded the secrets to BITRISE and use the change value if file step to switch those values with the actual secret values, resulting in the following section:

signingConfigs {
    release {
        storeFile file([REDACTED])
        storePassword [REDACTED]
        keyAlias [REDACTED]
        keyPassword [REDACTED]
    }
}

When I get to the install missing Android SDK components, I get the following error and I’m not sure why it’s happening:
* What went wrong:
Could not compile build file ‘/bitrise/src/app/build.gradle’.

startup failed:
build file ‘/bitrise/src/app/build.gradle’: 36: expecting ‘}’, found ‘(’ @ line 36, column 27.
storeFile file([REDACTED])
^

1 error

• Try:
    Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

I haven’t seen this error before when running my build locally, so any insight into this issue would be appreciated.

Hi @vivekvinodh!

Sorry to hear about this issue. Can you send us a build URL and Allow Support access please? (https://devcenter.bitrise.io/troubleshooting/enabling-bitrise-support-user/#what-the-bitrise-support-user-can-see-if-its-enabled)

I have sent you a message through Intercom with the build URL. Hope to hear from you soon @bitce

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.