How to add "What to Test" (test notes) in iOS Testflight build using "Deploy to iTunes Connect / TestFlight (with Deliver)" workflow

I don’t have any fastlane setup in my project. I am using “Deploy to iTunes Connect / TestFlight (with Deliver)” workflow to upload build to TestFlight. I tried couple of things in “Additional options for deliver call
” option in that workflow.
I tried --release_notes “Test Release Note” in that option. but nothing seems to work. Can you please help me to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @jahanvi_vyas,

If you use the Deliver based step then I’d suggest you to check their docs / ask it on their (fastlane’s) issue tracker. Our step is just a wrapper around the deliver tool (https://github.com/fastlane/fastlane/tree/master/deliver) so it can only do what the deliver tool does, in a way it requires.

Of course if you’d have any questions just let us know! :slight_smile:

Thanks viktorbenei for the quick reply.

I found that following fastlane command is used to set “What test” in TestFlight.
fastlane DELIVER_WHAT_TO_TEST=“Release Notes” deliver testflight
where DELIVER_WHAT_TO_TEST is env variable.

Is there any way to add this line/set env variable in “Deploy to iTunes Connect / TestFlight (with Deliver)” step?

1 Like

Ohh, I didn’t know that they added that option! Do you have some docs for it @jahanvi_vyas? If it’s an official option then we’re of course more than happy to add that option to the step!

Note: you can even test whether it works by setting that env var, simply adding it into Env Vars in the editor should be enough.

If you’d have any questions just let me know! :slight_smile:

Hello !

I tried to set the env var DELIVER_WHAT_TO_TEST but it does not fill the “What to test” field in Test Flight.

Any update on how to set it with “Deploy to iTunes Connect / TestFlight (with Deliver)” ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @abu_tapptic,

Can you please create a #issues:build-issues report? Without those information it’s really hard to tell anything useful.

You might also want to create an issue on fastlane’s issue tracker as deliver is developed by fastlane (as I mentioned above at How to add “What to Test” (test notes) in iOS Testflight build using “Deploy to iTunes Connect / TestFlight (with Deliver)” workflow).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.