Build failed to compile with Xcode-14.2 - Found multiple versions of Xcode in '/Applications/'

Description of the issue

Build failed to compile with Xcode-14.2 - Found multiple versions of Xcode in ‘/Applications/’ . In our local machine with same Xcode version project is successfully compiled.

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?

Xcode 14.2.x, on macOS 13.0 (Ventura)
Gen2 EliteXL

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?
During compiling step

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app . : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : EVERY TIME
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO, ALREADY THE LATEST
  • When did the issue start? : After Xcode Migration

Local reproduction

Can it be reproduced on your own Mac/PC by following our local debug guide? Please follow at least the first section (“Testing with a full clean git clone”) to make sure to test the state of the code what bitrise.io will get when it does a git clone in the clean environment! If possible please note which sections you tried.

In our local machine with same Xcode version project is successfully compiled.

1 Like

Build Logs

Same issue here

@Michelalmeidasilva The message Build failed to compile with Xcode-14.2 - Found multiple versions of Xcode in ‘/Applications/’ is a misleading suggestion by fastlane. There can be multiple Xcodes in that folder on our Stacks, this should not cause issues generally.
I suggest to turn off xcodebuild_formatter in fastlane, so you can access the full xcodebuild log, or export the logs as a build artifact for easy access. The actual root cause will be visible in the log and that is absolutely needed to debug this issue.
For more help please send a build URL or contact our technical support.

@krishnabpm Did you manage to solve this issue? I see also you contacted our technical support, but due to technical problems I do not see if it was resolved.

If the problem persists, please access the raw xcodebuild logs not filtered by xcpretty (as suggested in the above reply), so we can see the root cause.

Hi @laszlo.pusok - Yes I have managed to resovle this issue. The error message is misleading.
I have to remove Macfor the supported destinations and do the manual code signing in the pods.

Hope it helps!

post_install do |installer|
    installer.pods_project.build_configurations.each do |config|
      config.build_settings["DEVELOPMENT_TEAM"] = ""
      config.build_settings["CODE_SIGN_STYLE"] = "Manual";
      config.build_settings['CODE_SIGNING_ALLOWED'] = 'NO'
      config.build_settings['ENABLE_BITCODE'] = 'NO'
    end

end