Build aborted with "Lost connection to build agent" when running Android Monkey Testing

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Sometimes, my workflow is aborted with “Lost connection to build agent” reason when running Android Monkey Testing on a AVD. This problem does not happen every time though. I would say it’s happening 30% of the time.

Android Monkey Testing info: https://developer.android.com/studio/test/monkey

Environment:

Stack: Android & Docker, on Ubuntu 16.04
Standard Machine

If on Bitrise.io: which stack? If not on Bitrise.io: on what operating system? (Plus any other information you can share)

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Gradle Runner 1.9.0

I have a custom gradle task that builds the apk, installs it in the AVD and then start the monkey test

Reproducibility

• Does a “Rebuild” help? (You can trigger a rebuild from the Build’s page, by clicking the “Rebuild” button in the top right corner of a finished build) : NO
  • Does a rebuild without caches help? (You can remove the Cache:Pull and Cache:Push steps temporarily to not to use the cache, or you can delete all the caches on the Settings tab of the app. : NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? : NO, around 30% of the time only
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? : NO
  • When did the issue start? : 10/10/2019

Local reproduction

No, can’t reproduce it locally

Local reproduction: Linux / Android (docker based) stack builds

No, can’t reproduce it locally

Build log

Build URL sent to bitrise support email.

0 Likes

closed #2

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes