Authenticate host with netrc issue (and fix?)

Hi everyone.

Just add the weirdest issue today on my builds : everything was working as usual until, this morning, the cloning of the git repository for one of our external dependancies stopped working :frowning:

Using remote ssh access, i was able to determine (after quite some time) that it was only because the .netrc file was not ending with a carriage return / new line; the only solution i found for now is to add a new ā€œAuthenticate host with netrcā€ step after my current steps (with fake data).

Anyone aware of this ā€œissueā€?

Thanks

PS : Xcode Edge with latest Xcode and tool versions, Gen2 Standard

Worth opening a support ticket for this so we can take a closer look into the issue

https://support.bitrise.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

I think I have identified the root cause of the issue here:

Can you run this in a Script step after the NetRC step

brew reinstall curl

Then use the curl command from

/usr/local/Cellar/curl/7.87.0/bin/curl

This should update curl to the latest version that fixes an issue on Ventura

Working with the team to patch the stacks

1 Like

Hey Damien, do you know the status on this? Itā€™s currently a blocker on our workflows.

EDIT: FWIW, was able to resolve the issue by SSHing into the machine and removing the indentation of the login and password fields in the .netrc file and readding the carriage return at the end of the file.

1 Like

We patched this issue on our steps by automatically adding a new line at the end of the .netrc file for curl to accept it.

See: Insert newline at the end of the .netrc file (#11) Ā· bitrise-steplib/steps-authenticate-host-with-netrc@8cb845d Ā· GitHub

1 Like

Thanks damien!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.