Archive failed due "Requested but did not find extension point with identifier"

Bitrise Build Issue Report template

Description of the issue

Building iOS app on Xcode 13.4.x image using Fastlane and fails with following error:

2022-05-18 02:12:16.224 xcodebuild[3605:20408] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionSentinelHostApplications for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionHosts.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore
2022-05-18 02:12:16.224 xcodebuild[3605:20408] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionPointIdentifierToBundleIdentifier for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionToBundleIdentifierMap.watchOS of plug-in 

Environment:

Where did the issue happen?
Platform: React Native (iOS)
OS: Xcode 13.4.x on macOS 12.2.1 (Monterey) on Intel and macOS 12.3.1 (Monterey) on Apple Silicon

Which build Step causes the issue and which version of the step?

Fastlane: v3.3.0

Reproducibility

• _Does a “Rebuild” help? NO
  • _Does a rebuild without caches help? NO
  • Does the issue happen sporadically, or every time? Every time
  • Does upgrading the build Step to the latest version help? NO
  • When did the issue start? : When I upgraded Image stack to Xcode 13.4.x on macOS 12.2.1 (Monterey) on Intel and macOS 12.3.1 (Monterey) on Apple Silicon
1 Like

Using Xcode 13.2.1 fixed this for me (happening with a native iOS project)

Any reason it does not build with Xcode 13.4.x on macOS 12.2.1 (Monterey) ? Will there be any fix on the way ?

I am having the same issue when using the latest stack 13.4.x. My XCTests never run and I get the same error in my xcodebuild_test.log found in artifiacts.

2022-06-15 21:46:00.090 xcodebuild[2268:12503] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionSentinelHostApplications for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionHosts.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

1 Like

Started getting the same failure today, been working fine on 13.4.x for over a month…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.