Allow us to fill in the release notes once for both platforms [Release Management add-on]

In our team, we always have the same release notes for both platforms when we have a new version of the app. Yet, in the new add-on to manage releases in Bitrise, we have to enter the release notes twice, once for each platform.

We would like to fill in the release notes just once and get it propagated to the same release for iOS and Android.

Hey @nicolas.iensen ,
thanks for the detailed feature request.

Would you like to add the release note by hand on the UI, but only once (and share it with the two platforms), or would you like to automate this with Release Management?

Like storing the release notes in the repository, Release Management could automatically add them to the iOS & Android platforms.

Like storing the release notes in the repository, Release Management could automatically add them to the iOS & Android platforms.

Yes!

1 Like

Any related improvements to adding release notes would also be very welcome here.

For iOS I can at least select each of our 4 supported locales quickly, but still need a lot of clicks to fill them out. For Android, I also have to scroll the dropdown to select the locales every time, since they’re not saved in any way. I can’t even use the keyboard to skip the scrolling (e.g. type “fre” when selecting “French”).

For our release process, adding the release notes is the most cumbersome and annoying step now :sweat_smile:

Which also implies that the Release addon helped address a lot of other issues! Kudos to that!

1 Like