Add ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE stating who triggered the build

Description of the feature request

If the Build is triggered from git then we can get GIT_CLONE_COMMIT_AUTHOR_NAME but if the build is triggered manually, then how can we get the name of the user to be used in the workflow? I was looking for it here but didn’t found any.

I also added a custom script step and called printenv but there also, I could not find any info regarding this.

Use case / for what or how I would use it

It can be used in many places, such as while sending build messages in Slack, we can include who triggered the build or in any custom emails, we can use it.

You can get that information from inside the build using API: https://api-docs.bitrise.io/#/builds/build-show

Would definitely like something like this during a pipeline. I’d like to have some custom logic based on whether the workflow was manually triggered or scheduled, so the name of the user who triggered it manually or the type of trigger would be very useful

1 Like

I’ve posted a YAML solution using the Bitrise API here that might be useful: Make person who triggered a manual build available in an ENV variable - #16 by christopherma